Monday 14 July 2014

School holidays, running and cunning plans

Last week I didn't manage to run at all.  I had a horrible sick bug followed by a migraine that completely wiped me out, not least because I didn't eat for 3 days and you can't run without fuel.   I did lose 4lbs though - silver linings and all that.

This week my plan is to build on the last run I did and hopefully lose a couple more lbs :)

I'm off to a good start as I'm just back from my first run of the week and I managed to keep going for 12m44s!!   

I'm going to need to be quite organised here on out though as it's the last week of school for my children this week so as well as work and the normal family life stuff,  I've got to fit in 1 x sports day, 1 x leavers assembly, 1 x leavers disco and then our usual end of term camping trip.  

When there is so much on it's too easy to lose motivation and I just know the following week when the kids don't even have to get up and dressed for school, it'll be even harder than usual to leave the house at lunchtime even if it is just for half an hour.     I do have a cunning plan though.    I am going to tell my kids they can't go on the Xbox unless they've come out for a run with me.  I'm sure I'll be faced with attitude and grumbles aplenty but if I manage to stick to my guns, they'll force me out of the house and then I can have peace and quiet to work while they play in the afternoon.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment